The Gypsy

Rules Questions
CuriousInSouth

The Gypsy

Postby CuriousInSouth » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Curious as I am having trouble understanding the Gypsy class.

Do Auguries like Broadened Horizon last for the rest of the day after their ability has been pulled from the deck or do they function as single use cards or do they function as long as they remain in the deck? I'm just curious. I'm kind of confused on how some of the Auguries work. Otherwise, I really dig the concept.

Dreadfox Games

Re: The Gypsy

Postby Dreadfox Games » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:47 am

Most auguries are not made into cards. Only auguries that say, "The gypsy may create ______ and include it in her deck" are made into cards (i.e. Major and Minor Arcana).

Auguries that do not include this text either provide a constant benefit or give the gypsy an ability that she can use whenever she has the appropriate action available.

Examples:
  • "Cast in Stone" adds +1 to the DC of all cards at all times - like the feat Spell Focus.
  • "Twist of Fate" allows a gypsy to draw a card anytime she is able to spend a move action to do so.
  • "The Fool" must be created, included in the deck, drawn and used in order to take effect.
I hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything I could do to clarify the augury system further.

CuriousInSouth

Postby CuriousInSouth » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:51 am

Ah ha! That makes sense! Thanks for the explanation. I really dig the material though.

Dreadfox Games

Postby Dreadfox Games » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:58 am

I'm glad that you are enjoying the gypsy.

We are scheduled to make minor revisions to her in July, 2012.

We are scheduled to release a class companion (featuring archetypes, new auguries, class-specific feats, etc.) in October, 2012.

Feel free to shoot us any feedback you may have via the site's Feedback Tab - we will take every piece of feedback into consideration during next month's revision.

Return to “Rules Questions”